Reviewed on Thursday January 12, 2006 by Shelby, Edmonton, AB
I just got this phone 4 days ago, and I'm having a lot of problems with it already. I don't know if my phone is defective, or what, but...
1. Reception is terrible -- I keep cutting out no matter WHERE I am.
2. Phone may or may not ring when someone is calling me -- sometimes I just get a voice mail.
3. Backlight lights up randomly, whenever it feels like it.
4. Settings keep resetting themselves -- it takes me three or four tries to get a setting to stick
5. There is no screen saver, despite my having selected one.
Despite those problems, which may or may not be due to a faulty phone, I still don't like the phone. Here's why:
1. When you want to change your ring tone or picture, you have to go to the beginning of the list, NOT the one you're currently on, which is a pain for ring tones because there's a huge list of them (which mostly sucks)
2. Alarm clock? Not that I can tell. You can set alarms, but it's not in the traditional format.
3. Cannot personalize phone calls coming in -- I'm used to knowing who's calling by the ring, at least with my old phone (a crappy Siemens that lasted way longer than 4 days I could group people).
4. Buttons on the side that determine ring style (loud, soft, vibrate, etc) are easy to push, and therefore change. Also, one of them seems to be redundant.
I'm sure I could go on, but I don't think it's necessary.
Again, not sure if the first complaints are due to a faulty phone or not, but this phone is still overall not great.