Boost Mobile International Add-Ons
Making calls and sending texts internationally with your Boost Mobile plan does not require an international add-on, but you will be charged per minute (depending on the country you are calling) and per text sent (10¢/text). By purchasing a Boost international add-on or package you might be able to save yourself from excessive per minute/text charges.
Boost Mobile’s international perks are highlighted by their International Connect Plus and Todo Mexico Plus add-ons.
Boost International Add-Ons
Boost’s international add-ons include:
- International Connect Plus which includes:
- Unlimited calls to and from Canada and Mexico
- Unlimited calls to landlines in over 70 countries
- 200 minutes to mobile numbers in over 50 countries
- Reduced per minute rates on calls to over 200 countries
- Cost of $10/month
- Todo Mexico Plus which includes:
- Unlimited talk and text to and from Mexico and Canada
- 8GB of roaming data in Mexico
- Cost of $5/month
- International minutes packs which include talk minutes to one country of your choice (amount of minutes and price varies depending on the country
Boost Mobile Plans
You’ll need a Boost Mobile plan if you want to take advantage of their international add-ons.
Boost offers four different plans. Their most expensive plan already comes with the International Connect Plus add-on:
|3 Gig of 4G LTE Plan||3GB||Taken from high-speed data allotment||6-Month Tidal subscription||$35/month|
|Unlimited Gigs||Unlimited*||12GB||Music 6-Month Tidal subscription||$50/month|
|Unlimited Plus||Unlimited*||30GB||6-Month Tidal subscription||$60/month|
|Ultimate Unlimited||Unlimited*||50B||6-Month Tidal subscription|
International Connect Plus
*Speeds may be slowed during times of heavy network congestion
Boost Mobile International Add-Ons Compared to Others
For an idea of how Boost Mobile’s international add-ons compare to international add-ons from other carriers, take a look at the table below.
|Carrier||Int’l Perks included in Plans||Int’l Add-Ons Available||# of Countries included in Int’l Services||Price of Add-Ons|
(Not including Plan)
|Boost||Yes (exclusive to Ultimate Unlimited plan)||Yes||70+ – Landlines|
50+ – Mobile and Landlines
|Sprint||Yes||Yes||80+ – Landline|
55+ – Mobile lines
|Metro by T-Mobile||None||Yes||140+||$5-$20/month|
|Cricket||Yes||Yes||35+ – Landlines|
31+ – Mobile lines
Boost Vs Sprint International Add-Ons
Sprint is the parent company of Boost so it’s not surprising that their international add-ons look fairly similar to Sprint’s, though the latter’s are slightly more comprehensive.
Sprint’s international add-ons include the following:
- International Connect ($15/month) which includes:
- Calls to landlines in 70+ countries
- Calls to mobile numbers in 55+ countries
- Unlimited international texting
- Mexico-Canada Plus ($5/month) which includes:
- Unlimited calling to Mexico and Canada (this feature is already included in Sprint cell phone plans)
- Discounted rates for calls to landlines in over 80 countries and mobile numbers in over 55 countries
- Cuba 20 Plus ($10/month) which includes:
- All the perks available with the Mexico-Canada Plus add-on
- 20 minutes for calls to Cuba (70¢/minute after)
One of the biggest differences between Sprint and Boost’s international perks is that Sprint’s cell phone plans come with some international roaming. Boost’s plans do not.As for calling and texting from inside the US to other countries, Sprint’s international add-ons look similar to Boost’s add-ons.
Sprint’s International Connect is similar to Boost’s International Connect Plus and includes calls to landlines in over 75 countries and mobile numbers in over 55 countries. Sprint’s $15/month International Connect is a bit more expensive than Boost’s $10/month International Connect Plus, while Sprint’s Mexico-Canada is priced identically to Boost’s Todo Mexico Plus at $5/month.
Boost International Add-Ons Vs. Metro by T-Mobile
Metro by T-Mobile has far more international add-on options than Boost.
However, if calling and texting to Mexico and Canada are important to you, Boost might have the advantage. Metro has separate Mexico and Canada add-ons that cost $5/month each, whereas Boost’s Todo Mexico add-on, at $5/month, includes Canada perks with no additional charge.
Boost International Add-Os Vs Cricket Wireless
Cricket’s Unlimited and Unlimited Extra plans already come with texting to 37 countries and calling and texting to Mexico and Canada. Only Boost’s Ultimate Unlimited plan comes with international benefits.
As far as Cricket’s international add-ons are concerned, their basic Cricket International add-on comes with unlimited calling to landlines in 37 countries for just $5/month. For $15/month you can also get up to 1,000 mobile-to-mobile minutes in 31 countries plus unlimited picture and video messages to 35 countries.
Cricket’s basic international add-on is not quite as impressive as Boost’s International Connect Plus add-on but it is $5/month cheaper, and while the Cricket International Plus add-on is slightly more expensive than Boost Mobile’s international add-on, it does have better perks (video/picture messaging, and much more mobile-to-mobile minutes).