On October 2nd, TELUS will officially launch their new connected car solution "Drive+". In July, Rogers launched Smart Drive, and Drive+ is TELUS' take on it. The device itself is made by ZTE - just like Rogers' device, and it can be purchased at $200 outright, or $0 on a 2-year term.
- Vehicle tracking - Track your car's location, view driving behavior (such as speed alerts), and setting notifications for when the car enters or exits map boundaries.
- Connected car - You can turn your car into a Wi-Fi Hotspot no matter where you are. Connect up to 5 devices using your TELUS data plan.
- Maintenance help - Receive helpful car diagnostics and trouble notifications directly to your phone with the TELUS Drive+ app. It is available for free download on both Android and Apple iOS.
Most vehicles built from 1996 onward will be compatible with Drive+, but to be sure you can enter your vehicle information into the tool at telus.com/drive.
The small print:
- To be eligible, you need to have a TELUS share plan (consumer or business).
- App is only available on Android or Apple iOS smartphone operating systems.
- Not compatible with electric (EV) and plug-in hybrid vehicles, or some diesel vehicles.
About TELUS: TELUS (TSX: T, NYSE: TU) is Canada’s fastest-growing national telecommunications company, with $12.8 billion of annual revenue and 12.7 million subscriber connections, including 8.6 million wireless subscribers, 1.7 million high-speed Internet subscribers, 1.4 million residential network access lines and more than one million TELUS TV customers. TELUS provides a wide range of communication products and services, including wireless, data, Internet protocol (IP), voice, television, entertainment, and video. TELUS is also Canada's largest healthcare IT provider, and TELUS International delivers business process solutions around the globe.