Good news for US readers - Starting September 12th, all eligible T-Mobile ONE subscribers with 2 or more active voice lines (Prepaid plans are excluded though, sorry.) will get a free Netflix Standard account. This new partnership has been dubbed "Netflix On Us" and comes with zero extra fees. Netflix Standard usually costs $9.99 USD, and includes:
- HD video streaming on up to 2 devices simultaneously.
- Access to unlimited movies and TV shows on your laptop, TV, phone, or tablet.
- Family Allowances, which offers a variety of talk and text management controls for parents.
Hey T-Mobile, will you please expand up here to Canada?
John Legere, President and CEO of T-Mobile said, "The future of mobile entertainment is not about bolting a satellite dish to the side of your house or resuscitating faded 90s dotcoms. The future is mobile, over-the-top and unlimited. While the carriers spend billions on their franken-strategies to cobble together carrier–cable–content mashups, the Un-carrier just leapfrogged them all by partnering with the best and giving it to customers at no extra charge. Because that’s what we always do. Give more to you without asking more from you.”
"This is the right move at the right time — for all the right reasons. More and more fans are bingeing on mobile, so we’re bringing together Netflix’s award-winning TV shows and movies with T-Mobile’s award-winning, unlimited network," said Reed Hastings, co-founder and CEO of Netflix.
Qualifying customers can activate their Netflix account on September 12th by following these steps:
- Go to My T-Mobile and log in to your account.
- Select Plan.
- Select Change Services. If you need to change your plan to qualify, select Change Plan. You can also contact T-Mobile customer service for assistance.
- Add the Fam Incl. Netflix $9.99 feature to your account.
- Once added, select the Register For Netflix button after submitting your changes.
- If you're a current Netflix customer, sign in with your existing account.
- If you're new to Netflix, you'll need to sign up for a Netflix account.
You can read the full press release or further details and information about Netflix On Us at T-Mobile.com.
About Netflix: "Netflix has been leading the way for digital content since 1997. Netflix is the the world's leading internet entertainment service with 104 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments." - Netflix
About T-Mobile: "As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The Company's advanced nationwide 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences to 72.6 million customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS." - T-Mobile