Running on the TELUS 3G+ network, the Smart Hub will give you the landline service without the actual need for a fixed landline. As long as you're in a TELUS 3G+ coverage area, all you need is a power outlet and an active SIM card to get instant access.
Key features of the TELUS Smart Hub include:
- Simultaneous voice and data
- Up to 7.2 Mbps download / 5.76 Mbps upload
- Supports auto Internet fallback to 3G+ when using alternate ADSL, Cable or Satellite
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) for wireless connectivity
Browser based interface for configuration and management
- Full wireless security - WEP, WPA and WPA2 (Preset with WPA)
- Wireless 802.11n standard
- Dedicated business care and technical support
- The ability to add TELUS business applications (Business Email Service, Mobile VPN Plus, Voicemail to Text)
The TELUS Smart Hub is expected to launch for $399.99, or $199.99 with a 2-year contract.
Price Plans for the TELUS Smart Hub:
Note: The TELUS Smart Hub will only be offered in Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec and the Atlantic Provinces (in TELUS 3G+ coverage areas). Sorry British Columbia and Alberta!
**UPDATE** According to comments (no screenshots yet) made over at MobileSyrup, these plans will be available in British Columbia and Alberta, but at higher price points - $80/$100/$130 (same included voice, data, overage and features). We'll keep you posted as we learn more!
How the TELUS Smart Hub works: