Steve Jobs stated "The new products we are planning to release this year are very strong, starting this week with a major new product that we’re really excited about."
We're really looking forward to Wednesday's Apple event to find out if the iPhone 4 is coming this June as is currently rumoured. A data plan tethered Tablet is also rumoured to be part of the event.
Highlights today's announcement included:
- App Store has more than 3 billion downloads.
- 8.7 million iPhones sold. A 100% increase vs. Q1 2009
- Added 17 new carriers throughout the world in the quarter.
- 86 countries for iPhone distribution
- Japan, UK, Australia, France, Germany growth is strong.
- 70% of Fortune 200 companies deploying iPhones to employees