Virgin Mobile has officially declared November 19, 2009, National Fearless Day – a day for Canadians to say “Screw it, let’s do it!”.
Sir Richard Branson, Virgin Mobile's fearless founder, states "At Virgin we know what it takes to be fearless, whether it's racing across the Atlantic in record time or launching the first passenger space ship. Sometimes you have to stand up and face what scares you head on."
According to a national survey conducted by Angus Reid Strategies on behalf of Virgin Mobile Canada, only 49% of Canadians say they consider themselves fearless.
Some Fearless Canadian Facts:
- Canadians over the age of 55 are the most likely to say they are fearless (53%).
- Canadians between 18 and 34 are the most likely to claim that they are not fearless (32%).
- This year for National Fearless Day, Canadians will be doing everything from skydiving (24%) to skiing in the buff (3%).
- 16% of Canadians said they would hurtle themselves down a luge track.
- 31% believe singing in public is the most fearless thing they've done (let's hope they were good!)
To check out the National Fearless Day website, please click here.