AT&T Prepaid Add-ons
AT&T offers several prepaid plans that allow you take advantage of AT&T’s excellent network without the hassle of a credit check. These plans range from cheap limited data plans to feature-packed unlimited plans. If you want to enhance your wireless experience, you can always add on an AT&T prepaid add-on, such as:
- AT&T Prepaid Data Add-Ons
- AT&T Prepaid International Add-Ons
- AT&T Prepaid Mobile Protection
AT&T Prepaid Add-On Data
AT&T’s Prepaid Data add-on is for those on limited data plans who want to add more. The prices for the various limited data plans include:
- $25 Prepaid Plan: $5 for 250MB
- $30 Prepaid Plan: $10 for 1GB
- $40 Prepaid Plan: $10 for 1GB or $20 for 3GB
Each of these monthly plan data add-ons is good for 30 days. AT&T also offers a prepaid daily plan as opposed to monthly—this plan, which includes unlimited talk and text, costs $2/day and you are only charged on the days that you use your phone. Those on this $2 daily plan can add 100MB for $1, which is good for 24 hours. In order to buy a data add-on, visit your AT&T Prepaid login at att.com/myprepaid.
AT&T Prepaid International Calling Add-Ons
AT&T offers a number of international add-on options for its prepaid plans. International calling add-ons include:
- $15 Latin America/Caribbean: reduced per minute rates from the U.S. to mobile phones and landlines in 45 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- $15 East Asia/India: unlimited calls from the U.S. to mobile phones and landlines in India, Hong Kong, South Korea, China, and Singapore plus reduced rates to 30 other countries in East Asia.
- $10 International Plus: 1,000 minutes of calling per month from the U.S. to Mexico, plus calls to landlines in 50+ countries. Limit of two per month.
- $5 Dominican Republic: unlimited calls to landlines and $.10/min calls to mobile phones from U.S. to Dominican Republic.
The above add-ons are available for customers on any of the prepaid plans except for the $25 Prepaid Plan. The following international calling feature can be added onto any prepaid plan:
- $5 International: 250 minutes of calling per month to landlines in 50+ countries.
All prepaid plans also include unlimited texts to more than 100 global destinations. AT&T does not currently offer international data add-ons for prepaid customers.
AT&T Prepaid Mobile Protection Add-On
AT&T Mobile Protection is a prepaid add-on that costs $9.99/month. It includes:
- Insurance: if your AT&T prepaid phone is lost, stolen, or damaged, get a replacement as soon as the next day. Get a screen repair as soon as the same day of damage.
- ProTech support and app: call or chat with a live expert through a designated app for tech support.
- AT&T Photo storage: receive 50GB of secure photo and video storage to free up space on your phone.
This may be a good choice if you’re looking for a multi-functional insurance policy that not only guarantees a phone repair or replacement but also grants you access to expert tech support.
Overview of AT&T Prepaid Plans
AT&T’s prepaid plans give you access to AT&T’s robust 4G LTE network, sans credit check. AT&T’s unlimited prepaid plans include great features like Mexico and Canada roaming, dedicated mobile hotspots, and HD streaming. Don’t need unlimited data? There are two limited data options—an 8GB plan and a 1GB plan.
|Plan||Price||Data Allowance||Mexico & Canada||International||Other Features|
|AT&T $25 Prepaid||$25||None||n/a||Unlimited text to 100+ countries||n/a|
|AT&T $30 Prepaid||$30||1GB||n/a||Unlimited text to 100+ countries||Hotspot-capable|
|AT&T $40 Prepaid||$40||8GB||Unlimited talk & text to/from, data use in both countries||Unlimited text to 100+ countries||Hotspot-capable|
|AT&T $50 Prepaid||$50||Unlimited||Unlimited talk, text, & data||Unlimited text to 100+ countries||n/a|
|AT&T $70 Prepaid||$70||Unlimited||Unlimited talk, text, & data||Unlimited text to 100+ countries||10GB hotspot, HD video|