VoLTE (Voice over Long-Term Evolution) has become an international standard for high-speed wireless communication. Along with TELUS customers in British Columbia, Alberta, and parts of Manitoba, VoLTE - without e911 service - is now available in Ontario.** If your TELUS device is compatible the service, you do not have to do anything to activate it as it will automatically begin to work.
(Growing) List of VoLTE capable devices:
- Alcatel GO FLIP
- Apple iPhone SE, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, 7 and 7 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+
- Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017)
- LG X Power, G4, G5, and G6
iPhone users can enable VoLTE by following these easy steps:
- In "Settings", select "Cellular"
- Select "Cellular Data Options"
- Under "Enable LTE" select "Voice and Data" - VoLTE is now enabled.
**Please note that VoLTE service is not yet available in: Kingston, North Bay, Ottawa, Sault Ste Marie, Sudbury or Thunder Bay.
Image Credit: Shutterstock