Samsung officially announced the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge on Sunday, March 1st at Mobile World Congress. The two new devices will be released in Canada on April 10th and some carriers are offering pre-orders as of March 2nd!
Samsung Galaxy S6: "The iconic metal silhouette and ultra slim bezel of the Galaxy S6 creates a sophisticated profile. Inside is the fastest, most powerful processor ever to be put in a Samsung smartphone." - Samsung.com
"The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge completely redefines design. The dual Edge screen enhances the user experience, offering fluid, uninterrupted access to information and real-time alerts." - Samsung.com
Canadian Wireless Carriers who have confirmed release of the Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge :
TELUS : Pre-order now and get a free wireless charging dock!
Virgin Mobile : Pre-order now!
Bell : Pre-register for info on the upcoming launch.
Rogers & Fido : Reserve through their online reservation system and get a free Samsung Wireless Charger.
Samsung is offering its own embedded LTE solution with the 14nm Exynos 7 chip.
- 5.1" QHD (2560x1440 pixel) Super AMOLED display
- S6 Edge display is curved inwards towards the phone's back
- Metal frame and glass back (not removable)
- 16 MP camera (with F1.9 lenses - to let in more light)
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Android 5.0 Lollipop
- 32GB, 64GB and 128GB variants & 3GB of RAM (no microSD expansion)
- Wireless charging
- New touch-based fingerprint reader.
You can now reserve the Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge at TbayTel.