- Maps. Maps take a whole new turn. Beautifully designed from the ground up (and the sky down), Maps changes the way you see the world.
- Siri. Now ask even more of Siri. With iOS 6, Siri understands more languages and works in more countries╣. So you can get more things done in more places around the world.
- Facebook. Integrated throughout iOS. Now it's easier than ever to interact with the world's largest social network. And there's no need to leave your app to do it. Share a photo to Facebook right from Camera or Photos.
- Shared Photo Streams. Now you can share just the photos you want, with just the people you choose. Simply select photos from the Photos app, tap the Share button, choose who you want to share your photos with, and they're on their way.
- Passbook. Your boarding passes, movie tickets, retail coupons, loyalty cards and more are now all in one place. With Passbook, you can scan your iPhone or iPod touch to check in for a flight, get into a movie and redeem a coupon.
- FaceTime. FaceTime now works over cellular networks as well as Wi-Fi, so you can make and receive FaceTime calls wherever you happen to be▓
- Phone. iOS 6 adds new calling features to your iPhone. Now when you decline an incoming call, you can instantly reply with a text message or set a call back reminder. And when things are just too hectic, turn on Do Not Disturb and you won't be bothered by anyone.
- Mail. Redesigned with a more streamlined interface for easier reading and writing, Mail in iOS 6 lets you set up a VIP list so you'll never miss an important message.
- Camera with Panorama. The new panorama feature for iPhone and iPod touch lets you capture everything from a momentous family reunion photo to a sweeping vista│. With one simple motion you can shoot up to 240 degrees. Then hardware and software work together to create one seamless, high-resolution panorama.
╣ Siri is available on iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad (3rd generation) and iPod touch (5th generation) and requires Internet access. Cellular data charges may apply.
▓ FaceTime video calling requires a FaceTime-enabled device for the caller and recipient and a Wi-Fi connection. FaceTime over a cellular network requires iPhone 4S, iPhone 5 or iPad (3rd generation) with cellular data capability. Availability over a cellular network depends on carrier policies; data charges may apply.
│ Panorama is available on iPhone 4S, iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th generation).
iOS 6 is compatible with:
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
- New iPad
- iPad 2
- iPod touch (4th & 5th generation)
How to update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
For more information on the iPhone 5, click here.
To compare the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S and iPhone 5, click here.