Reviewed on Monday September 10, 2007 by Sheri, Toronto
I purchased the u740 last week and have zero complaints so far. I spent some time figuring out all of the menu paths (since Samsung is structured quite differently than my prior Motorolas). All in all, excellent phone. Some main points:
- Very clear sound (compared to cell phones that I have had in the past, I am actually turning the call volume down when talking to people rather than turning it up as loud as possible)
- Easy to text using regular T9 method on regular number keys, even easier texting when using the QWERTY flip side of the phone
- Contact organization is great, easy to navigate through contacts (multiple numbers and email addresses, etc.)
- Camera takes clear photos, with flash, even better
- Video is okay, I don't have much of an opinion on this because it is a feature I won't really ever use.
- Web browsing is fast and easy to use. A couple times I had to reload sites a few times, but that's more of a network issue than the phone itself
- Downside is the lack of ringtones and display pictures included in the phone. Not much to choose from so expect to download something that is more to your liking.
I think I could go on for a while about all of the features, but that sums up most of the features I feel are most important in a phone. Two thumbs up from me (so far!).