Reviewed on Thursday July 29, 2004 by Bryan , Windsor, ON
Just my review of Nokia's 6585,
- So far reception has been very good, better than my Nokia 6185 also with Bell
- FM radio worked good the once that I tried it.
- No dropped calls.
- Good sound on my end.
- I work in automotive field so the background is always noisy and everyone I've talked to says they have no trouble hearing me.
- Voicedial works good even in the noisy plant environment.
- Call timers and life timer menus have been removed from the phone by Bell (never accurate but sometimes a decent ballpark figure)
- MMS has been disabled (From what I have seen this is common the world over though, non standard way Nokia handled it or something)
- PC Sync, they say to use version 5.22 of the software which I was able to make work AFTER using v6.2c and they do not compare at all, version 6.2c is way better and according to Nokia tech support the software of the future and should be compatible with the phone... but there are a couple bugs in conduit from the software to the phone that I have talked to Tech Support at Nokia and they are looking at it. I had no trouble getting IR communications to work with windows 2000.
I know it seems I have more bad points than good, but I tried to explain what I knew about them. I am very pleased with the phone so far and have another week to go in my 14 day trial.