Nokia 3220 Camera Phone
Reviewed on Monday July 25, 2005 by KyRo, ...somewhere in my BouLeVArd oF broKEn dReaMS...
I have previously owned 7 cellphones: 1 Siemens, 4 Nokia, 1 Motorola, and 1 Sony Ericsson. I recently sold my Sony Ericsson Z200 (even though I loved it very much) because I wanted a small camera phone. I bought a Nokia 2600. It was a new phone and everything, so I *assumed* it had a camera, and I didn't bother to ask. So I got home and to my surprise, it was just a basic Nokia phone. A few weeks later, I sold it and went and bought a new camera phone, Nokia 3220. And guess what?? I LOVED IT!
- the phone looks unique and it's very stylish
- has a camera that takes good quality pictures
- can record videos
- has funky grips that light up when you get a message, or if someone's calling you
- has good games including Survivor (based on the tv series)
- the graphics are high quality
- can change covers, grips, keypads, etc.
- can send/receive pictures/video
- you can create your own cut-out covers
- has loudspeaker
- when you're talking to someone, you can hear them loud and clear
- has themes
- ringtones are good
- you can actually "write" messages in the air using the Xpress-On Fun Shell
- some people complain about the image quality, but i think it's awesome. if you take images at night, then the picture usually comes out dark, but usually the images are high quality, especially if it's daytime and you're taking pictures in some place bright. if you move your hands while taking a pic, though, the image comes out blurry. but the grips help a lot!
- no infrared or bluetooth, but i personally don't use those functions anyway
- no mp3, but the GOOD thing is, you can record sound clips (like for example, you record a song while it's playing on your CD player or computer) and then set it as your ringtone!
The Main Point:
- the Nokia 3220 is an awesome phone, and i really love it! the way you can record your own ringtones and create your own covers is very helpful. the flashing lights are really good and stylish, not to mention the design of the phone. the picture of the phone on this site is color white/blue, but if you buy it i recommend the black/silver one. plus, you can stand out from your friends by using your Nokia 3220 to "write" messages in the air!
- this phone will appeal mostly to teenagers, but adults might think it's too "funky"