My HTC ""Touch" Phone- Worst Phone I've ever Had!!
Reviewed on Saturday September 27, 2008 by L. Roberson, Middle Tennessee
If you are even thinking of getting this phone, take some good advise from these post!!! DON'T GET THIS PHONE! I've had a lot of various phones over the years, believe me, this is the worst cell phone ever! If the extremely short battery life isn't enough to deter you, then keep reading.
(1) From the first day I owned this phone, it would call people and I would hear people on other end, saying Hello, Hello. It almost drove me nuts, trying to figure out how I must have left the phone turned on..but now I've found out it wasn't anything I was doing. These phones will call people at random, and they can hear you entire conversation you are having. This is a major security issue. Imagine being an attorney, and your sitting talking with a client, and the phone has decided to call someone, then they listen to entire conversation your having. Not too good when things get leaked out, now is it! Believe me, these phone will call back on their own. I can recall at least 15 to 20 times its happened to me. Sometimes I have some explaining to do! Beware of the HTC Touch..."Just reach out and touch someone", this was the old Bellsouth's Jingle...I guess this is why they name this phone "TOUCH"
(2) Another major problem I have is reception. I live very near one of my carrier's tower, and when I'm inside my house, I cannot get any reception. I have to go outside to make a call most of the time.
(3)Phone kept freezing up. There is a major upgrade on the HTC website, that has a fix for the freezing up problem. I downloaded it myself, and experienced no problems with the download. Just follow the directions carefully.
(4) Misc: The processor is slow, compared to the I-Phone. Im going to trash this phone and just $350.00 and consider it another major lesson learned!! The customer service is terrible too. Most of it comes from India! Its not hard to tell, as they just imput the problem that you are telling them your having, and they read the notes about how to fix it, to you! You usually have to ask to speak to their supervisor, to get help.
(5)This phone is very slippery. There has been numerous times I dropped, or nearly dropped it too!
(6) Battery life is very, very limited. It is an energy "HOG" I even had to pay extra money and buy an extended life battery, with new battery cover. This provided me with much greater talk time.
(7) The camera is dismal at best. I have some much trouble with the functions of the camera, I rarely use it. Dont buy it for its camera.
(8) As you can tell, I'm a very unhappy camper, when it comes to the ownership of this phone. After reading this and the other post, if you still buy one, then you deserve the problems its going to bestow upon you!
(9) There is another person who made a post, stating we should get a class action suite started over this troublesome cellphone. I agree with them...I hope someone will get it started..I will support it too!